[JOB] iOS App Summer Instructor Position - $6k

J Lindsey Vetvick

May 24, 2023, 2:46:20 PM5/24/23
to Chicago CocoaHeads (CAWUG)
Hi there, everyone!

My name is Lindsey Vetvick, Assistant Director of High School Programs at Discovery Partners Institute (part of the University of Illinois System).

I'm posting to see if anyone may be interested in summer instructor position for an iOS App course for our Digital Scholars Program. (see attached job description) We recently learned our planned instructor is no longer available, so we're looking a bit urgently to fill this position...

For a bit of background, the Digital Scholars Program is a 6-week pre-college summer intensive program, intentionally focused on serving students of underrepresented populations in tech such as Black, Latinx, women, non-binary, and first-generation students. During the program, students have the option to take courses in computer science, data science, electrical and computer engineering, and mobile app development in Swift. In addition to over 65+ hours of instruction, students build college & career-readiness skills and get immersed into Chicago's tech ecosystem with daily speakers and weekly workshops. [Here's a link to our aggregated and 2022 Impact Report as well as the 2022 program wrap video.]

Broad Strokes of the position include (more details in the attached job description):
  • compensation: $6,000
  • dates: June 26th through August 4th -- instruction takes place Monday through Thursday (in-person) from 10:00a-12:30p at 200 S. Wacker Drive
  • students: approx. 25-27 high school students, largely 11th & 12th graders from Chicago Public Schools/Chicago-area schools
  • content: Develop in Swift curriculum, designed by Everyone Can Code Chicago (would include an orientation/access to a Learning Management System with content modules)
If you're interested in the position, please forward a resume & letter of introduction to commu...@uillinois.edu as soon as possible -- OR if you know of anyone else who may be interested, please forward along this information!

Any questions can be directed to me at jsm...@uillinois.edu

Thank you for considering helping us build capacity for the next-gen of Swift Developers!

Sincerely,
Lindsey Vetvick
[ iOS Mobile App Dev ] Course Instructor - Job Description.pdf