May NSCoder Recap

Kevin Donnelly

May 29, 2020, 2:47:20 PM5/29/20
to Chicago CocoaHeads (CAWUG)
Thanks to all that joined us on the Internet to talk about computers.

Show and Tell

Jeff Biggus spoke about his new framework to do physical quantities. It's not been open sourced yet, so here is a video of simulation of Haley's Comet calculated using the framework to tide you over: http://hyperjeff.net/temp/arrow8.mov
Aijaz Ansari presented on automating your release build via Fastlane even when things get a little complicated. He didn't have slides, so will post a blog post later and I'll send out another link then.
Charlie Chapman walked us through creating Apple Wallet effects using UIInterpolatingMotionEffects. Example project and slides. Checkout his excellent app: Dark Noise

Miscellaneous

We want to hear from you! Let's say you could hear a talk about a certain subject(s) what would they be? Go ahead and fill out this form! bit.ly/NSCoderChiTalks

Job Board

A Tool Company is looking for mid-level iOS developer w/ Bluetooth experience. In Brookfield, WI but they do allow remote and promise a "very casual environment". Contact Alix Thornton at 262-914-8521, athornto at teksystems dot com

Medtronic is looking for a little bit of everything: iOS, Android, Flutter, all levels for apps used with wearable medical devices. In California and they do not allow remote work. Contact Leah Ibarra at leah.ibarra at medtronic dot com
---

Reminders

If you want to be involved One Summer Chicago program to mentor high school/college students going through Apple's Everyone Can Code cirriculum, you can sign up to get more info. It'll be all remote this summer, no mask necessary.

WWDC is next month so no normally scheduled Cocoaheads or NSCoder in June. We'll probably have some sort of meeting around WWDC week, though. Stay tuned for more info on our plans as Apple releases more WWDC plans!