Joomla 3.4.1 installation fails

relati...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 2:53:43 AM5/1/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to install Joomla 3.4.1 on Tomcat 7.0.61 using Quercus 4.0.39 and getting the following error from installation/index.php:

...apache-tomcat-7.0.61/webapps/joomla/libraries/vendor/joomla/application/src/AbstractApplication.php:170: Fatal Error: Method call 'get' is not allowed for a null value.

(Never thought I'd bemoan the lack of a Java stack trace...)

Any ideas on how to find out why this is occurring gratefully received.

PJ

andro...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 2:58:45 AM5/1/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com, relati...@gmail.com
You'll have to check the source code and see which object is actually null, then checking how it's been initialized would give you some hints on what failed.

You'll likely find something like this:

<object> = [<otherobject>->]<somecall>()
<object>->get(...) <= line 170

The somecall is likely returning null for some reason.

Peter Jacobs

May 1, 2015, 3:57:06 AM5/1/15
to andro...@gmail.com, caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for being so prompt.

The function that's failing is really simple:

    public function set($key, $value = null)
    {
        $previous = $this->config->get($key);
        $this->config->set($key, $value);

        return $previous;
    }

A bit of digging reveals "$this->config" to be null.

It turns out that "$this->config = new Registry;" in the JApplicationWeb constructor is returning null.

Now trying to locate the source file referred to by "use Joomla\Registry\Registry;"...

Peter Jacobs

May 1, 2015, 4:37:35 AM5/1/15
to andro...@gmail.com, caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Update:  found the Registry source.  The constructor is being called - I can throw an \Exception from it - $this therein exists, but the object returned is null.

I'm at a loss now for what to try next.

tade...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 6:43:32 AM4/7/17
to Quercus, andro...@gmail.com, relati...@gmail.com
Dear All,
I faced the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Thank you in advance. Best regards,