Smarty supported in Quercus?

Rubin Simons

Jan 15, 2015, 7:36:53 AM1/15/15
to caucho-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We're trying to port a somewhat older PHP application to Quercus. This application uses Smarty as its template engine. When smarty gets invoked, we get an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception (Quercus 4.0.39, Smarty 1.1). A few questions:

1: Does any (maybe newer) version of smarty work with any (maybe older) version of Quercus?
2: Is it possible to use for example IntelliJ's debugger to step through Quercus to see what it does?

Kind regards + thanks in advance,

Rubin!

PS: Attached, see HTTP 500 Error message and Java backtrace.
output_http_error.txt

austin...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2015, 2:40:20 PM9/16/15
to Quercus
I was able to get Smarty working by adding these:

$smarty->cache_id = '1';
$smarty->compile_id = '1';
$smarty->default_template_handler_func = 'my_default_template_handler_func';
function my_default_template_handler_func(){
return true;
}
$smarty->error_reporting = '';

It's far from optimal, but it works.

austin...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 12:25:41 AM9/17/15
to Quercus, austin...@gmail.com
Update: This works on Smarty 3.1.21 but not on the 3.1.27. I haven't tried anything in between.

immanuel...@apparentmedia.de

Jan 5, 2016, 2:41:05 PM1/5/16
to Quercus
Hi Rubin,

I'm not sure, whether this is still interesting for you, but I added XDebug support to Quercus, so that you can use IntelliJ's debugger, to see how Quercus interprets the PHP code:

Maybe this helps!

Best,

Immanuel