Joomla integration/component?

rkb...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2013, 3:42:46 PM2/25/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone successfully written a component or otherwise integrated CATS (hosted) with Joomla 2.5?  Seems there was an open source component for Joomla 1.5x, but it has not been updated to 2.x/3.x to keep up with Joomla's architectural changes.

I'm asking for a friend who is a private recruiter looking for a seamless solution for his site that would provide candidates and clients a unified login solution via Joomla to present the appropriate information, such as access to listings and profile/resume maintenance (for candidates) or job listings and requisition postings (for employers), while also benefiting from the other extensible features that Joomla offers as he expands his business into other areas.

Thanks in advance!

rkb...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 11:08:24 AM3/6/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
Bump.

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 6, 2013, 11:16:45 AM3/6/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
There's no up-to-date version of the Joomla component.

We do offer a WordPress plugin. Or the combination of career portal branding & masking is just about as effective as a direct integration into an existing site.

Aaron

Robert Kreisler

Mar 6, 2013, 11:22:53 AM3/6/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
Aaron, the difference is that we're looking for a seamless integration so that clients and candidates alike can have a unified (single) log-on and be presented with their respective content.  If you have a component for WordPress, I'm not sure I understand why you'd ignore the number one leading CMS.  Are there any plans going forward, or perhaps can you recommend a developer that might be able to code up such a thing?

Robert Kreisler

Mar 6, 2013, 11:26:51 AM3/6/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
By the way, just to elaborate on the above, my client will be expanding into other professional services which will require the unique attributes that Joomla offers in terms of paid/subscription based content access.  Therefore, we need to find a way to streamline service offerings such as career skills training and assessment with the recruiting and job search functions.

Requiring users to enter two different IDs or send them to two different (masked) URLs doesn't exactly get the job done, if you know what I mean.  Looking for something more elegant and tightly integrated.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Aaron Baluczynski <abaluc...@catsone.com> wrote:

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 6, 2013, 11:27:14 AM3/6/13
to cats...@googlegroups.com
Robert, we don't have any plans for updating the Joomla component. Most of our customers are best served with the branded career portal.

Sorry, I don't know of a developer to recommend. I do think any experienced Joomla component developer would have no trouble integrating with our API, and of course we can answer questions here.

Ashley De Beer

Nov 7, 2016, 2:34:33 AM11/7/16
to CATS API, rkb...@gmail.com
Hi there, has there been any development on this since 2013? I have a new client that requires integration of CATS with Joomla 3.x...
If not, I am brand new to CATS and there does not seem to be much information on how to integrate with Joomla. Any assistance on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Aaron Baluczynski

Nov 7, 2016, 10:34:21 AM11/7/16
to CATS API, rkb...@gmail.com
Hi Ashley, we do not have an "out of the box" way of integrating with Joomla. However, we do have the JavaScript "Job Widget" that can be embedded on any website. The HTML embed code can be found from the Portal page in CATS.

Aaron

Ashley De Beer

Nov 7, 2016, 10:42:26 AM11/7/16
to cats...@googlegroups.com