Calendar Event Type

Gevik Babakhani

Feb 1, 2017, 5:07:33 PM2/1/17
to CATS API
Hi,

How do I export the event type when exposing the calendar using the provided url?
The calendar event only contains the following items:

array (

  'UID' => '...',

  'SUMMARY' => '....',

  'CREATED' => '....',

  'DTSTAMP' => '....',

  'DTSTART' => '...',

  'DTEND' => '....',

  'DESCRIPTION' => 'M...',

  'LOCATION' => '',

  'SEQUENCE' => '0',

  'STATUS' => 'CONFIRMED',

)

Aaron Baluczynski

Feb 1, 2017, 5:11:19 PM2/1/17
to CATS API
Are you referring to the calendar feed that you can subscribe to from the Calendar page in CATS?

That feed contains events in iCal format, which can be read by most calendar applications, but does not contain the CATS "type" field.

Aaron

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 1, 2017, 4:19:23 AM3/1/17
to CATS API
Is it possible to get the tags somehow exported when getting the calendar events? I need somehow to know what each calendar ever is.

Thanks

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 1, 2017, 10:45:16 AM3/1/17
to CATS API
Hi, I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by tags? And in what way are you exporting the events?

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 1, 2017, 1:22:17 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
Hi,

Please take a look at the provided screenshot. Is it possible to get the "type"  when reading the calendar data somehow?

Thanks.

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 1, 2017, 2:05:40 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
But what is the source of the calendar data you are trying to read?

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 1, 2017, 2:11:54 PM3/1/17
to CATS API

The source is the calendar panel. Please see picture.

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 1, 2017, 2:52:56 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
The calendar feed does not contain the "type" field since this is not part of the iCal standard. The feed is meant to be read by calendar applications, which don't have the CATS-specific "type" field.

Aaron

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 1, 2017, 2:55:03 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
Is there any other way to get the type field that is linked to an event?

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 1, 2017, 3:04:31 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
I don't believe there's currently a way to get that data. What is your use case?

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 1, 2017, 3:48:10 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
I am reading the calendar data into another application and I need to filter/find events which are marked as "interview" for example.
The external application then triggers workflow based on the "type". Before this, I was forcing the users to add specific text into the description of the event, but this practice does not really work!

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 1, 2017, 4:40:24 PM3/1/17
to CATS API
I think we may be able to add metadata (such as the type) to the iCal events that are in that feed. I'll get back to you on that.

Aaron

Aaron Baluczynski

Mar 2, 2017, 10:55:08 AM3/2/17
to CATS API
We added a new property to the iCal events in the feed: X-CATS-EVENT-TYPE. I hope that solves your problem!

Aaron

Gevik Babakhani

Mar 3, 2017, 3:29:37 AM3/3/17
to CATS API