Increase 25 embedded entities limit

igor.l...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 1:25:45 PM4/13/17
to CATS API v3
Hi!
There is an option to increase page size while search/filtration (I mean per_page parameter).

But for candidate get - there is no option to increase this limit. We have now 32 custom fields in candidate. And we're trying to store them in our local cache to decrease API calls amount.
But since there are 32 field, we need second API call to get them. It's hard to deal with API limit and 25 embedded custom fields page both.

Is there any option to increase embedded entities page size?

Second part of the question. When somebody changes custom field, there is an API trigger for that. But again, there are only 25 (which?) custom fields in posting body. Since we don't know which fields are included, we have to call your API twice to get proper candidate structure. Any suggestions on this?

Thanx.

Anthony Allan

Apr 13, 2017, 2:49:01 PM4/13/17
to CATS API v3
Currently, if you have more than 25 custom fields and need that data, you will need to make the extra calls. We have to limit embeds due to that fact that many sites would have on the order of 200k-300k lines of json being returned if we didn't impose limits.

We are looking into possible solutions for sites with more than 25 custom fields, however we don't have a specific plan yet, and no promises on what we'll end up doing in that regard.

Kees van den Bos

Sep 29, 2021, 6:49:20 AM9/29/21
to CATS API v3
I guess we're now 4 years down the road and still there are only 25 custom fields embedded on the list api endpoints?

Qingyang Wei

Oct 1, 2021, 12:48:32 PM10/1/21
to CATS API v3
It seems that the 25 custom field limit is gone if you send a GET request. for POST requests though (e.g. when you use filters) it's still there.