POST - Parse a Resume - 200 OK - Nothing Parsed

Ryan Cravotta

Feb 23, 2024, 1:04:11 PMFeb 23
to CATS API v3
Hello,

I’m trying to set up the 3 step process to create a candidate and upload a resume. I read the API and attempted this request in POSTMAN

NOTE: I created a resume for this testing purpose and by applying to a job on our website so that you can try parsing the URL file yourself if needed.

curl --location 'https://api.catsone.com/v3/attachments/parse' \
--header 'content-type: application/octet-stream' \
--header 'Authorization: Token XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' \
--data-raw '--data-binary @https://webflow.com/files/6065014dea4e17bce1947885/formUploads/21adac56-9843-4900-9e34-5d5ff3c0ee98.docx'

Below is the 200 response body I'm getting. As you can see, no data is parsed to carry into the "create a candidate" request.

{
"first_name": "",
"middle_name": "",
"last_name": "",
"title": "",
"emails": {
"primary": ""
},
"address": {
"street": "",
"city": "",
"state": "",
"postal_code": ""
},
"country_code": null,
"social_media_urls": [],
"phones": {
"home": "",
"cell": "",
"work": ""
},
"current_employer": "",
"source": ""
}

Steve Gagnon

Mar 6, 2024, 7:27:18 PMMar 6
to CATS API v3
After investigating I found the filename in the query is now required but not documented. For example:

--header 'content-type: application/octet-stream' \
--header 'Authorization: Token XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' \
--data-binary @21adac56-9843-4900-9e34-5d5ff3c0ee98.docx
{"first_name":"RYAN", ..... }

I'll get that field documented and look into options to not make it required.