Getting candidate/contact ID after creation to attach pipelines/notes

Jamie Carr

Jul 12, 2021, 11:29:21 AM7/12/21
to CATS API v3
Hello

When creating candidates/contacts we get a 201 Created response if it is successful, but we want to add the candidate to a pipeline and add a note after creation. For this, we need the ID. So currently we are searching for the candidate/contact after it's created to get the ID but many times it takes longer than 30 seconds to receive a response, so we cant verify the candidate was created successfully hence this is not ideal.

Is there a way to get the ID of a created candidate/contact so we can add notes/pipeline to the person after?

Thank you
Jamie

Anthony Allan

Jul 12, 2021, 11:38:09 AM7/12/21
to CATS API v3
You'll want to reference the Location header, which has the full url for accessing that newly recreated resource. If you're not interested in the full url, you can parse the id off the end of it and use that instead.

Jamie Carr

Jul 12, 2021, 11:42:26 AM7/12/21
to CATS API v3
Thanks Anthony! Exactly what we need