Added New Story in JIRA for adding new feature. What's next

Devarsh Mavani

Jan 22, 2022, 2:21:17 PM1/22/22
to catrobat
I recently added a new story on jira for adding new feature
Should i start working on feature and do a Pull Request? Or have i missed any step?

Stefan Kutschera

Apr 13, 2022, 7:36:48 AM4/13/22
to catrobat
Hi,

perfect. Then it depends on your current status with us. If you work within one of our core contributor teams, which you can get through our on-boarding[1], you can bring up the ticket during weekly meetings. If you are a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) student you can hand in your proposal and with a little bit of luck catch one of the available slots we get from Google and work on your feature as a project. Another option is to fork the code base from Github, implement your feature, and create a pull request through GitHub.

I've seen in the ticket another person is also interested in implementing this feature. Maybe you can share your knowledge and do a Pair Programming session as it is teached in software development lectures that include agile software development and extreme programming.

best Stefan
- Catrobat Org Admin

[1] currently, all open places are taken and the waiting list is full too. However, we will open it in the future when more places became available.

Stefan Kutschera

Apr 13, 2022, 8:50:53 AM4/13/22
to catrobat
additional note: Working on the ticket in pair programming only works outside of the GSoC program. Within GSoC'22 one student has one slot, one project to work on. However, once accepted a dedicated mentor will always be available for questions and help.

best Stefan
- Catrobat Org Admin