Catty - GsoC

Ahmad Yasser

Mar 16, 2022, 3:32:53 PM3/16/22
to catrobat
Hello there!
I’m Ahmad, an iOS developer from Egypt.
I was interested in this task specifically on your ideas list website, but yesterday it disappeared!
So are there any ideas for the iOS app (Catty)? because of all the listed ideas about Catroid (Android version).

IMG_5388.jpg

Stefan Kutschera

Apr 13, 2022, 7:57:22 AM4/13/22
to catrobat
Hi,

yes, we removed it from our initial list as the past has shown that it was hard for some GSoC students to have their first contact point with iOS development and got frustrated. In our opinion programming and development should be fun, we want to encourage people to bring their own ideas to life :).
Anyway, that doesn't mean it's not possible - quite the opposite! For this specific reason, we created the "Your own idea"[1] project. If you are familiar with iOS we would be more than happy to see your iOS proposal in this year's GSoC at Catrobat!

best Stefan
- Catrobat Org Admin