Cat Plugin 1.2.0

Adrian Savage

May 11, 2008, 1:03:40 PM5/11/08
to Cat Language
The Cat Plugin for Eclipse now has a project page at Google Code.
http://code.google.com/p/cat-plugin/
It requires Eclipse 3.2 or above and Java 1.5 or above.
I have tested it on Windows XP + Eclipse 3.3.2, and Fedora 6 + Fedora
Eclipse 3.2.2
The new version 1.2.0 highlights syntax errors.
To install, put the .jar file into the Eclipse plugins folder.
For a default Linux install of Eclipse, this is at /usr/lib/eclipse/
plugins
The grammar is up-to-date with the latest Cat release 1.0 beta 4.
The plugin now uses a PEG parser!
Comments welcome

Christopher Diggins

May 11, 2008, 1:16:31 PM5/11/08
to catla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Great job! It works well. Might I suggest putting installation
instructions on the front page.
I'd be interested in joining the project if you want.

Thanks for sharing this!
- Christopher

Christopher Diggins

May 11, 2008, 1:35:25 PM5/11/08
to catla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Here is a short feature wish list:

- context menu
- show/hide meta-data
- test current method
- go to definition
- add test dialog
- when sequence of instructions is selected: create new function dialog
- automated tests (failure cause test highlighting)
- on hover: metadata tool tip

Do any of these seem feasible?

Cheers,
Christopher