[Bug] Float input in interpreter

reyne...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2008, 6:17:56 AM12/20/08
to Cat Language
Hello,

I would like to notify you a bug I'm currently facing with standard
Cat interpreter (v1.0 beta 4, on Windows, executable obtained directly
from msi install - also present in "cat_mono_no_graphics.exe"
version).

When I try to add a float to the stack (something like "1.22", for
example), the following error occurs (in French, sorry):

"exception occurred: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect."

It can be translated as:

"exception occurred: Input string format is invalid."

It is particularly strange because [0-9]+.[0-9]+ seems to be the
correct format for floats (tested on online interpreter).
By the way, I can confirm that the interpreter is able to manage
doubles (I tested it trough methods: "rnd_dbl" and "round_dbl").

I'm not sure at all that this bug is due to Cat code (the fact the
exception is raised in French seems strange), but if someone already
faced this kind of error...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sobe TcheBTchev

reyne...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2008, 6:17:56 AM12/20/08
to Cat Language

Sobe

Dec 22, 2008, 4:27:05 AM12/22/08
to Cat Language
Error also raised with last ".zip version".
Original error message in English:

"exception occurred: Input string was not in a correct format."

On Dec 20, 12:17 pm, "sobe...@gmail.com" <reyne.da...@gmail.com>

Christopher Diggins

Dec 22, 2008, 9:37:44 AM12/22/08
to catla...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious how important it is that I fix this bug now, or whether
you can wait a few months until the C++ implementation of Cat based on
CVML is available?

Is anyone using Cat for something important, like teaching a course,
or for another project?

Sobe

Dec 22, 2008, 11:07:34 AM12/22/08
to Cat Language
Oh, no, I'm absolutely not hurried.
I'm just discovering Cat and playing a bit with it, that is how I
found this bug: I just wanted it to be notified.
So, nothing too important for the moment.

Good luck for your C++ implementation.