What about stability, reliability and robustness?

Vadim Tukaev

Feb 21, 2012, 3:01:15 AM2/21/12
to Cat Language
I have very much become interested in concatenative languages. Whether
the Cat is convenient for the real-world soft? I mean programs which
work without any errors within several days. I wanted to use the
Factor, but it chashes very frequent. I need not a hobby project! I
know that the Cat not so approaches for the big programs. It doesn't
frighten me. It will be possible to write DLLs and to connect to main
program. It can be written even on Small Basic. What you can say? May
be, Cat is absolutely inappropriate for this kind of purposes? What
can you advise to me instead? Thanks.

Christopher Diggins

Feb 21, 2012, 10:59:08 AM2/21/12
to catla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vadim,

Cat is a hobby language, and hasn't been active for a few years.
I wouldn't advise using the current implementation for non-trivial application development.

Cheers,
Christopher

Vadim Tukaev

Feb 22, 2012, 2:31:25 AM2/22/12
to Cat Language
> Cat is a hobby language, and hasn't been active for a few years.

I with pleasure would make efforts development of this language. But
only if it already is capable to give small, but reliably working
program/DLL now.

> I wouldn't advise using the current implementation for non-trivial
> application development.

Oh no. Cat was my last hope. Factor doesn't work on my system, because
it's GUI using OpenGL. Classic Forth is too low-level. I am compelled
to study F#.

Vadim Tukaev

Sep 2, 2013, 6:48:55 AM9/2/13
to catla...@googlegroups.com
What you think about Ruby? I want to learn Ruby. I know a cheap, fast and intelligible course.

Please go to this page and click "I WANT THIS". This does not mean that you have to pay money.

The sooner pluck people are, the faster the course starts. So you'll help me very much.

My gratitude is unlimited (within reason). :)

Cheers, Vadim.