Expect more postings on New Age.

1 view

antony mahendran

Nov 5, 2007, 12:47:35 PM11/5/07
to cath, Cath Priests
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus

It is very sad to know that most of the Catholics and Christians are influenced by Yoga, and they consider it as an exercise. A Catholic Priest from Bangalore,India - Fr. Varghese writing in Jesus youth (Joynet) group supporting Yoga has worried me a lot. Also I have received several emails from lay  catholics as well, supporting Yoga. This has prompted me again to post several articles on Yoga and its incompatible with Christianity. It is very simple, "the core  idea of Yoga is self  enlightenment, whereas in Christianity enlightenment is through the power of Holy Spirit ( The Love of God)." Expect more postings on New Age.

Let us pray fervently that our Lord  would reveal the truth about New Age  to everyone.

God Bless
Antony Mahendran

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

Maria Laura Pio

Nov 7, 2007, 3:28:16 AM11/7/07
to catholi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Antony,

I wanted to encourage you to keep on alerting about the dangers of "Christian Yoga". I live in Switzerland, and for the past 20 years (at least) there has been regular christian yoga lessons offered in some Catholic retreat centers. At the start, I repeatedly wrote to the organizers and to the bishop regarding this, but was totally ignored by silence or was told that I was exagerating, and that there was nothing bad with christian yoga.

Personnally, I have seen that the people I knew that attended Christian yoga were often people very critical of the Catholic Church. And people who started attended those classes tended to develop that same criticism and - later - also became very critical of their own faith (in a relativistic way).

Thank you again for your precious work!

Very warmly in Christ,

Maria Laura Pio

antony mahendran <antony_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: