River Jordon Broadside

Cassie Carter

Jul 19, 2017, 11:40:53 PM7/19/17
to jimcarroll, catholi...@googlegroups.com
This is what I have. 11 signed, 6 unsigned.

One signed one belongs to Amme.

I want ALL of these to go to people who love Jim.

Inline image 1

Jim had a suitcase full of broadsides that should have gone to all of you but it ended up archived at NYPL.

Worse things have happened but I want to make sure all of these get out to you.

I have no idea how to price them.

Cassie

Cassie Carter

Jul 24, 2017, 5:38:21 PM7/24/17
to jimcarroll, catholi...@googlegroups.com
Finally making some progress on this . . .

I found padded envelopes that the broadsides will fit in. There were only 8 in the store so I'll have to go back for another batch. I also need to round up some cardboard for bend-protection.

Aaaaand I dug out my records from the original sales of the broadsides, which include names of everyone who got one (or more) as well as the prices. Signed ones were $40 and unsigned ones were $25 from 2002 -2004. Paypal fees were about $2. (I can't seem to find what Paypal's fees are now.)

I also went to the post office and got mailing estimates. Looks like it'll cost me about $8 to ship first class, $13 to ship priority (including envelopes and paypal fees and stuff.) International is more, of course.

I have sent out queries about these broadsides a few times over the years but I'm not sure how well I kept track of the people who were interested . . . or how many of those people are still here on our Jim Carroll lists.

  • I owe signed ones to Amme and Ike, but I haven't heard from Ike in a while. Ike, are you there???
  • Mary Capriole, Ana M.G., and Jim Westine raised their hands in September 2013 and July 2017, so you have solid claims.
Others who called dibs in September 2013, speak up and let me know if you're still out there:
Brian Amsterdam, Dustin Getty, Bob Greeley, Matt Thompson, "mik8282," Kristi Marcus, Pablo MacGovern, Scott Melesky.

And the list in this round (July 2017) includes Timothy Grossklaus, Gio, Sean Patrick Thompson, and Clint Ross.

(Rocky Mullin and "acr1236" commented on the thread but didn't express interested in buying a copy. I'm also not listing anyone who already has a signed broadside.)

So that's 17 people interested, 17 broadsides available, 11 copies of which are signed and 6 of which are unsigned.

It appears I've sold a grand total of THREE of the unsigned ones over the past 15 years. Would anyone be more interested in them for a lower price? Obviously these last six unsigned ones are never going to get signed, so . . .  tell me what's reasonable. (Hey, maybe the unsignedness of them makes them more of a rarity, eh?)

OKAY! Let's nail this down.  No new entries until further notice. Those of you listed above, please email me directly to state your intent to buy or not buy.

Is $50 a good price for the signed? Or should I just keep it at $40? Be honest. (grin.)

And (reminder) about $8 - $13 for shipping. Any preferences for priority? Insurance? Tracking numbers? Anything the post office may want to charge extra for? Let me know. Everyone will pay the same so let's agree on what works best for most of you.

Anything better than Paypal out there that you know about? Let me know. I don't want to deal with checks if possible.

Thanks,

Cassie

Cassie Carter

Jul 29, 2017, 3:48:04 AM7/29/17
to jimcarroll, catholi...@googlegroups.com
"River Jordan" is a poem about a real person named Jordan.

Jim Carroll gave "signed and numbered" copy number "less than zero" to Jordan.

Jordan's mother lost "less than zero."

Jordan is willing to accept an unsigned copy from my limited inventory.

What do you all think?

Cassie