No reaction after flash process

Hebemich

Dec 31, 2020, 4:25:46 PM12/31/20
to CatGenius
Hello,
I flashed the cat genius (according to the github guide). The flash-program showed success. I reassembled all and pluged the cat genie in again. But then no button lights up and no sound plays. I have redone all stets 3 times.
Any Help? I used pic kit 3 and firmware version 4.

Greetings

Robert Deliën

Jan 1, 2021, 4:42:08 AM1/1/21
to <catgenius@googlegroups.com>
I flashed the cat genius (according to the github guide). The flash-program showed success. I reassembled all and pluged the cat genie in again. But then no button lights up and no sound plays. I have redone all stets 3 times.
Any Help? I used pic kit 3 and firmware version 4.

We need a lot more information than that. Now I have to lookup everything. Was this (https://github.com/CatGenius/catgenius/wiki/How-to-flash) the guide you have used? Did you flash your CatGenie while it was powered up, per the instruction steps? Did it it verify properly, ruling out poor electrical contacts?

Did you flash either B05 https://github.com/CatGenius/catgenius/releases/tag/b05 or B04 https://github.com/CatGenius/catgenius/releases/tag/b04 ? CatGenius doesn’t have a startup LED and sound sequence, as there’s no purpose to that. Did you actually try pushing a button to see if it works?

PS. B04 is the most widely used version.

Hebemich

Jan 1, 2021, 6:25:04 AM1/1/21
to CatGenius

Hello,
Yes exactly this guide.
Yes it was powered on through
pushing the switch while flashing.
Yes it did verify flash success. I used B4.
Yes i tried pushing buttons,  holding buttons, no reaction.
But the connector to the display unit seems fine,
it lights up while flashing somewhen in the process.
Thanks for the help.

Ps: i tried the versions for both processor versions,
 one failed flashing with wrong device id error so i supose
the other which flashed without error is the right one.
Thanks again.

Robert Deliën

Jan 1, 2021, 1:41:09 PM1/1/21
to catg...@googlegroups.com
> Yes exactly this guide.
> Yes it was powered on through
> pushing the switch while flashing.
> Yes it did verify flash success. I used B4.
> Yes i tried pushing buttons, holding buttons, no reaction.

Then we don’t have a lot to go on...

> But the connector to the display unit seems fine,

Didn’t you plug it on reversed?

> it lights up while flashing somewhen in the process.

I’m sure if that’s supposed to happen. I don’t remember it doing that.

Do you have output on the serial port? Did you try GenieDiag? GenieDiag will give you feedback on the cat LED when the cat sensor is triggered, so you know the firmware is running even if your keyboard is broken.