UK Users where do you buy granules?

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2020, 4:37:02 AM8/28/20
to CatGenius
Hi Everyone,

I am after some granules in the UK but the official site doesn't seem to work properly and doesn't appear to have been updated for years: http://www.catgenie.co.uk/go/shop/supplies.html

They are also not responding to emails.

Anyone any ideas where I can get the granules at a reasonable price or of any good UK based alternatives?

Robert Deliën

Aug 28, 2020, 4:57:55 AM8/28/20
to <catgenius@googlegroups.com>
> I am after some granules in the UK but the official site doesn't seem to work properly and doesn't appear to have been updated for years: http://www.catgenie.co.uk/go/shop/supplies.html

You can’t just place an order?

> They are also not responding to emails.

That’s not very customer-friendly, but not unusual.

> Anyone any ideas where I can get the granules at a reasonable price or of any good UK based alternatives?

https://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/catgenie-washable-granules-case.html

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2020, 4:59:58 AM8/28/20
to CatGenius
No It errors at the check out I have tried a few times over the last few weeks.

I have just placed an order with Robot shop even though it works out a bit more expensive as I also wanted the Genie door :)

Thanks

Robert Deliën

Aug 28, 2020, 6:08:19 AM8/28/20
to <catgenius@googlegroups.com>
> No It errors at the check out I have tried a few times over the last few weeks.

That’s unfortunate; I bought my first two boxes there. And my supplies, until they refused me as a customer, for some odd reason. Richard S. Is a good guy though; Always willing to help out. Perhaps the current economic climate isn’t doing him well.

> I have just placed an order with Robot shop even though it works out a bit more expensive as I also wanted the Genie door :)

They even used to sell CatGenie boxes; I don’t know why the have stopped though.

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2020, 6:18:22 AM8/28/20
to CatGenius
Yeah my box came from the UK site a good few years ago.

I think CatGenie seem to operate some sort of regional franchise system as all the sites are totally different eg: https://catgenie.it/

Michael Conner

Aug 28, 2020, 10:41:50 AM8/28/20
to catg...@googlegroups.com
I've been using an alternative for several years.

A cream colored Polypropylene  Mineral filled Pellets.

EVOSTROM,  Amazon.

Michael..

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2020, 10:52:19 AM8/28/20
to CatGenius
Thanks Mike,

Do you have a link to the item?

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2020, 10:54:37 AM8/28/20
to CatGenius
FYI Catgenie US told me to email someone in the Czech Republic for pellets, so I wont be doing that lol

Michael Conner

Aug 28, 2020, 11:00:57 AM8/28/20
to catg...@googlegroups.com
Just complete a search in your browser.

Time for me to purchase a couple of 5 pound bags.

BTW, these peelets don't have sharp edges like some.

Michael..

Robert Deliën

Aug 29, 2020, 8:07:57 AM8/29/20
to <catgenius@googlegroups.com>
> Yeah my box came from the UK site a good few years ago.
>
> I think CatGenie seem to operate some sort of regional franchise system as all the sites are totally different eg: https://catgenie.it/

I think so too; All their International sites look differently, and none of them carry the new AI box.
I remember that Richard S, of the UK site, also sold part on request, so the level of service differs, and was particularly good in the UK.

Robert Deliën

Aug 29, 2020, 8:09:28 AM8/29/20
to <catgenius@googlegroups.com>
I’ve looked into alternatives too, but paying 2 times the price of the actual item for shipping made it cheaper to go for the original, so that’s what I do.

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2020, 8:14:22 AM8/29/20
to CatGenius
Shame I wonder if anyone has any contact info for him?

If they nickel and dime their franchises like the do their customers it wouldn't surprise me if they had to pay a fee or a new franchise to stock the AI model lol

jamesp...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2020, 8:15:36 AM8/29/20
to CatGenius
Yeah I came to the same conclusion Mindbender and the std stuff works well.