Scoop problem

Marco Salinardi

Jan 11, 2021, 2:51:17 PM1/11/21
to CatGenius
Hello, i have two identical catgenie but one wasn't shaking the scoop enough and i was loosing lot of the plastic litter. I checked and the problem due to the scoocp being deformed and frictioning to the plastic and not pushing on the dragon-back shaking device. I removed the scoop handle and applied force to make it the same shape as the other one so it can move without friction but has happened again. I then looked and seems that this particular bow is trying to push the scoop more than the other so the scoop handle is deformed. Has ever happened to someone else?
My husband is driving me crazy, he say that i must reprogram itbut i watched and the do exactly the same movements. i dont think it is a software problem

Robert Deliën

Jan 12, 2021, 3:48:52 AM1/12/21
to catg...@googlegroups.com
> I checked and the problem due to the scoocp being deformed and frictioning to the plastic

The only scoop deformation I'm familiar with, is wear, on the bottom of it. Expecially the right-hand side of the bottom, that's close to the edge of the bowl. The bottom bar wears, and eventually breaking, making the scoop split under heavy loads. I went through 2 scoops already that way, and a third one is half way now. I guess that's not you problem?

> and not pushing on the dragon-back shaking device.

I like that name! I didn't hear anybody calling it that before, but it's immediately clear.

> I removed the scoop handle and applied force to make it the same shape as the other one

You you mean the steel scooper arm, or the actual scoop? I'm only wondering how those got deformed. The motor is nowhere near strong enough to bend the steel. And bending the scoop back is of no use, because the plastic will spring right back.

Since you have two identical boxes, the easiest way to diagnose is to swap parts. One by one, until you see the problem travelling the with part you've swapped...

> so it can move without friction but has happened again. I then looked and seems that this particular
> bow is trying to push the scoop more than the other so the scoop handle is deformed.

With the processing unit removed, the metal scooper arm should move up and down without friction, apart from (strongly) rubbing the dragon-back. When washing, it is normal for the scoop to grind along the bottom of the bowl with a decent amount of friction.

> Has ever happened to someone else?

Not to me. To be honest; I don't have a clear image on what the actual problem is.

> My husband is driving me crazy, he say that i must reprogram itbut i watched and the do exactly
> the same movements. i dont think it is a software problem.

Are you running CartridgeGenius, or stock firmware?