TCS summer school for undergraduate students

Shuchi Chawla

Apr 14, 2022, 10:57:00 PM4/14/22
to catcs...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

I am writing to seek your help with advertising the online New Horizons in Theoretical Computer Science summer school for undergraduates, which will be held on June 6-10, 2022. This school is organized by the CATCS with support from TTI-C and SIGACT. Please circulate the message below to undergraduate students at your institution. Applications for participation are due by April 25, 2022.

The objective of the program is to expose undergraduates to exciting research areas in the area of theoretical computer science and its applications. The school will contain several mini-courses from top researchers in the field. The course is free of charge, and we welcome applications from undergraduates majoring in computer science or related fields. We particularly encourage applications from students that are members of groups that are currently under-represented in theoretical computer science. Last year's version of this summer school was a big success, with students representing many demographics from all over the US and beyond.

Thank you very much in advance for spreading the word.

- Shuchi Chawla, Ran Libeskind-Hadas, Adam Smith, and Madhur Tulsiani
(organizers)

---

Dear Students,

Are you interested in theoretical computer science including topics like algorithms, cryptography, machine learning, and others? If so, please consider applying to the New Horizons in Theoretical Computer Science week-long online summer school!  The school will contain several mini-courses from top researchers in the field. The course is free of charge,and we welcome applications from undergraduates majoring in computer science or related fields. We particularly encourage applications from students that are members of groups that are currently under-represented in theoretical computer science.

Students from previous years have shared with us that the mini-lectures, online group activities, and interactions with other students and the friendly TAs were extraordinarily engaging and fun.

For full consideration, please complete the application (it’s short and easy!) by April 25, 2022. The summer school will take place online from June 6 to June 10.

Please see our website for details: https://tcs-summerschool.ttic.edu/.

Any questions can be directed to summer-schoo...@ttic.edu.
----