Swivel Fix on Garhauer Davits

Jeffrey Hare

Mar 23, 2022, 7:54:55 PM3/23/22
to Catalina355
Hello,
There is an issue with the Garhauer Dinghy Davits that I've been unable to get Garhauer to address or even comment on over the years.  The problem (as I see it) is that they use an Eye End out on the ends of the arms with a fixed shackle attached to it.

FixSwivelOnDavits.png
A solution was to rotate the Eye End 90 degrees and add a Suncore Eye Bolt.  Tightened the nut and spot welded the nut in place.  Now it can swivel anywhere it needs to.  The Eye bolt  has double the working load of the davit arms themselves, so it'll be fine.

FixSwivelOnDavits.jpg