Fridge reconfiguration

Jeffrey Hare

Apr 30, 2022, 10:17:38 AM4/30/22
to Catalina355
Hi All,

Yesterday I made a minor change to how the interior of the fridge is set up.
We removed the short horizontal wire shelf and the vertical divider and installed a SS wire shelf in its place that extends all the way to the condensate pan below the freezer.

This divides the fridge into two full layers.  Opening the front door, you have access to the entire lower area of the fridge and also to the left side of the upper layer.  From the top door, you have access to the entire top shelf.  There's still plenty of height below the top opening door area for tall things to stand up like milk/juice bottles without interfering with the freezer door or falling down deep into that hole.

I purchased a set of 3 SS Magma Grills. But hunt around, You could find something for less money that would be perfect.

They were 6"x12" each.  Together they form the required 12"x18" length needed.  Use Seaboard (Starboard) with a dado groove wide enough for the shelves to slide into. I used VHB tape on the back side along with some short recessed flathead SS screws.  The fridge walls are not straight and are a bit flexible so they will conform.  The box wasn't really square in that the sink end was wider than  freezer end by nearly 1/2" so it helps to cut the support channels into 3/4" or 1" material so that the shelves will be supported the full way.

Jeff Hare
#17 Solstice

Fridge1-2.jpgFridge3-2.jpgFridge2-2.jpg