Water leaks around Sea hood on Catalina 355

Bill Mills

Nov 23, 2021, 5:03:00 PM11/23/21
to Catalina355
I'm looking a purchasing a 355 and their appears to be a bit of a leak around the sea hood in the companionway.  Seems like water is introducing under the dodger and drips into the area just below the companionway.

Anyone else having this issue?

Many thanks for your help.

Bill Mills

ken magida

Nov 23, 2021, 5:36:15 PM11/23/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
If you notice on both sides of the cabin top in front of the sea hood, there are panels under which there is a horizontal channel running from the side of the dog house towards the center of the sea hood.  Use a coat hanger or stiff wire to clean out dirt, leaves, etc., which probably accumulated in there.  I try to remember to do it once each season.

Ken

Ken Magida
23B Norwood Road
Port Washington, New York 11050
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/8dba2455-de01-449e-9950-156043c5b206n%40googlegroups.com.