Comp prices for recent sales or purchases of Catalina 355

Bill Mills

Nov 25, 2021, 7:42:47 PM11/25/21
to Catalina355
Anyone have any good comps for a Catalina 355, 2011 or 2012?  What would be a reasonable price for a Catalina 355 in good condition with no AC and in need of a bottom job and Bimini/dodger fabric re-skin?

ken magida

Nov 26, 2021, 9:41:15 AM11/26/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
There are very few 355’s that appear but the number I see most often is $160,000

Ken
Sent from my iPhone
An allegedly smart device

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/cac8fd7e-d819-41c7-9137-5d4139f1db18n%40googlegroups.com.

Ernie Bubb

Nov 26, 2021, 10:26:13 AM11/26/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I bought my 2011 Catalina 355 last year for $150k, but this was very well equipped, recent bottom paint, AC, solar, upgraded batteries, and Davits   So I would think more like $140k if less well equipped. That said, there were very few on the market when I bought, so supply/demand will have significant role.

Happy sailing.

Regards,

Ernie

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 26, 2021, at 9:41 AM, ken magida <kensa...@outlook.com> wrote:

 There are very few 355’s that appear but the number I see most often is $160,000

Juan Galan

Nov 26, 2021, 12:10:23 PM11/26/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
A brand new 2019 with bow thruster, AC, TV, furling jib/main & full canvas delivered to Miami from NJ in August 2020 was $249K. Thus, they hold their value fairly well and if they are scarce, even more.
Ask your broker to give you the data from Soldboats on Boat Wizard. That is the most accurate data you can get.

Zach Smith

Nov 26, 2021, 12:28:56 PM11/26/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I got bought my used 2019 Catalina 355 "Smalle Boat" for $230k in Aug 2020. Came pretty well equipped: aircon, tv, bowthruster, electric winch. Been a big fan so far.

Upgraded to 600Ah of LFP batteries and a 3000w inverter so I can run the aircon at anchor for a few hours before bed.  Also added radar and AIS since I am dodging fishing boats and oil rigs in Texas.

Bob Story

Nov 26, 2021, 10:33:06 PM11/26/21
to Catalina355
Yacht World is showing several 2011/12 C355s around USD 175k+.

-Bob.

Evan DeLucia

Jan 5, 2022, 6:57:43 PMJan 5
to Catalina355
Sorry to join in late, but three years ago when I bought Balmoral prices ranged from 169990 (2011) to 209900 (2017). I was able to get asking price and sale price for 11 used boats. The interesting thing sale prices were only 4.4% lower than asking price. Hard to negotiate on these boats!

bill pittore

Juan Galan

Jan 10, 2022, 6:24:27 PM (11 days ago) Jan 10
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Folks, the bible on boat prices is Soldboats from Boat Wizard!
If your broker does not have access to that - change brokers!