Pompanette Comfort Zone HVAC Amperage Info

Mark Hensley

Mar 14, 2022, 7:33:53 PM3/14/22
to Catalina355
With regard to recent posts using a Honda portable generator to run the air conditioning, I obtained the following information from Hank Bandy at Pompanette.

The Model AC16KZC120, which is what I had factory installed on my 2016 model year Hull # 119, amperage draw in the cooling mode is 12 amps in 85 degree water and 17 amps for the heating mode, plus 2.5 amps for the water pump.

The startup load is 2.5 to 3 times the the running amps but only for a millisecond. If there is a power interruption, wait 3 to 5 minutes before restarting to allow the head pressure to come down.

If you wish to contact Hank, his email address is hba...@pompanette.com. The main telephone number for Pompanette is (813) 885-2182.

I’d also like to echo the sentiments about gasoline vapors in an enclosed space. A very bad idea. Gasoline has an explosive range of 1.4 - 7.6% with a flash point of about -35 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that at any typical ambient air temperature gasoline is above its flash point. It doesn’t take much to create an explosive vapor, so storing a gasoline powered generator below deck in the cabin, or any other enclosed space with no ventilation, is not recommended.

Mark Hensley

Michael Green

Mar 15, 2022, 1:21:47 PM3/15/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com

And gasoline vapors are heavier than air so they sink to the lowest point  in the cabin making it difficult to vent them unless your vent fan is sucking them from a low point.

Mike

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/f142ff83-128b-416d-a318-113aacf9eae3n%40googlegroups.com.