Galley Under Sink Door Tweak

瀏覽次數:61 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jeffrey Hare

未讀,
2022年3月23日 晚上9:02:302022/3/23
收件者:Catalina355
Hi,

One really quick tweak we made to the Galley was to flip over the door under the sink so that it opens the other way.

With it flipped, it fully clears the stairs and opens flat against the fridge and makes it so much easier to work and access things under the sink.  I'm so surprised the factory mounted it the way they did (do they still do this on new hulls?).  There is no downside to having it open that way.

This took about 20 min.  I moved the strike plate from the right side over to the left side of the doorframe.  I just needed to sand it down just a bit so that the door latch worked smoothly and held the door closed without any rattle.

GalleySink.jpg
GalleySink1.jpg

GalleySink2.jpg

-Jeff Hare

Dan Gilch

未讀,
2022年3月24日 上午10:15:002022/3/24
收件者:catal...@googlegroups.com
What a great idea…Can’t wait to check this out on my boat. Does the trash can still clear mounted  on the inside of the door?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/40521d04-39ab-4486-81e4-79c4952ac988n%40googlegroups.com.

Jeff Hare

未讀,
2022年3月24日 下午3:00:572022/3/24
收件者:catal...@googlegroups.com

That’s a good question.  Maybe it will if mounted closer to the hinge.  We don’t use that as a trash can.

Since the thru-hull for the sink and the shower sump is under the removable floor panel inside that cabinet, I’m going to cut that panel and add a piano hinge so that I can access the thruhulls without pulling the floor out.

Thinking of adding the hinge where the blue line is in the photo.  Note that I’ll probably have to do a tiny bit of trimming or hose adjustment so that that hinged part will clear the hoses.  Not too complicated though.

-Jeff Hare

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 9:02 PM Jeffrey Hare <cata...@thehares.com> wrote:

[...]

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.png
image005.png

Jeff Hare

未讀,
2022年3月25日 晚上9:41:162022/3/25
收件者:catal...@googlegroups.com
I just checked the new door swing today and the trash can will clear the stairs easily with the door opening like this.

So really no downside.

Jeff

Jeffrey Hare

未讀,
2022年3月27日 中午12:29:512022/3/27
收件者:Catalina355

Did this mod last night to add a 12" piano hinge. A trick to both this and remounting the door is to put double stick tape on the hinge surface and stick the hinge where you want it (one side at a time).  Then you can pre-drill for the top and bottom mounting screws.  After those are in place, can do all the rest.

This is the hinge I used:  https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Continuous-Thickness-Fixing-Folding/dp/B0919WXPQL  They work well for 1/2" starboard/seaboard.  With all these small hinges, I find I need to use a chamfering bit to widen the screw holes on the hinge a bit so that #6 screws sit closer to flush and don't interfere with closing it flat.

Since we're planning on making good use of the space under the galley for storage using removable pullouts or something, this should work nicely in combination with the reversed door opening for accessing thru-hulls.

GalleySinkFloor1.pngGalleySinkFloor.png
Jeff Hare
Solstice #17

Jeffrey Hare

未讀,
2022年3月27日 晚上10:33:132022/3/27
收件者:Catalina355
Final installation pics of this under-sink floor Just to complete this thread.  Also in this pic, you can see the original door hinge screw holes.  I'll fix them so that they're invisible when I get a chance.

Note: If these kinds of posts are not interesting to list members, feel free to let me know and I'll keep them until someone asks.

sinkfloor1.jpgsinkfloor2.jpg

-Jeff Hare
#17 Solstice

Jonathan Salter

未讀,
2022年3月27日 晚上11:06:552022/3/27
收件者:catal...@googlegroups.com
I for one really enjoy these posts. Please keep them coming, good info to see the mods everyone makes

Thanks!
Jon Salter
#9 Salty Cloud

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2022, at 7:33 PM, Jeffrey Hare <cata...@thehares.com> wrote:

Final installation pics of this under-sink floor Just to complete this thread.  Also in this pic, you can see the original door hinge screw holes.  I'll fix them so that they're invisible when I get a chance.

bill pittore

未讀,
2022年3月28日 上午9:35:222022/3/28
收件者:catal...@googlegroups.com
Me too.

Bill

#9 Salty Cloud

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2022, at 7:33 PM, Jeffrey Hare <cata...@thehares.com> wrote:

Final installation pics of this under-sink floor Just to complete this thread.  Also in this pic, you can see the original door hinge screw holes.  I'll fix them so that they're invisible when I get a chance.

Note: If these kinds of posts are not interesting to list members, feel free to let me know and I'll keep them until someone asks.

<sinkfloor1.jpg><sinkfloor2.jpg>

<sinkfloor2.jpg><sinkfloor1.jpg>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息