posting/questions

Christine Kinkead

Mar 30, 2022, 8:37:00 PM3/30/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com

i would like to post/ ask questions
thx
c kinkead
Sent from my iPhone

Jeffrey Hare

Mar 30, 2022, 9:55:34 PM3/30/22
to Catalina355
I think the only way to do this from an android or iPhone is to send an email to the group address in order to post.

<snark on>
Google is kind of new to this whole web thing and still can't seem to figure out how to write a web app that allows you to compose and submit a reply when browsing google groups on a phone.  :-)   If anyone has figured out a mobile workaround aside from email,  I'm all ears.  :-)
<snark off>

-Jeff

K Man

Mar 30, 2022, 10:48:11 PM3/30/22
to Catalina355
This is from my iPhone X, using Chrome browser in desktop mode. There's no reply button using Safari in desktop or mobile or desktop mode or Chrome in mobile node. It's very clunky, as there's not enough screen area to type and have the keyboard up. So EXCUSE typos!
From a pad it might be much better

Ken Kloeber

Mar 30, 2022, 10:52:32 PM3/30/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com

Not very useful/friendly at all.

Ken K

Sent from my phone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/9ca7ba18-5b72-4c0b-a125-ec703ba9a421n%40googlegroups.com.

K Man

Mar 31, 2022, 12:42:04 AM3/31/22
to Catalina355

iPad using Safari in either mode works just dandy.  The reply button is right there.
iPad using Chrome in either mode also works just dandy.

K Man

Mar 31, 2022, 1:23:56 AM3/31/22
to Catalina355
A338E5EB-B5A3-45C1-A328-C9E234A8F956.jpeg

This message is posted using the Google App on
my  iPad.
No problem-o.

Jeff Hare

Mar 31, 2022, 9:53:32 AM3/31/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com

LOL!

Yup, I really just meant to say that google didn’t implement responsive design for small displays. 😝

iPads and tablets are great with their larger screen real estate and of course in most cases, you can enable desktop mode on a phone but my eyes can’t handle that.  I just don’t tend to carry my iPad around in my back pocket, besides,  my wife uses it to play Mario Kart 24x7 so it’s never available and always at 3% battery left.  😊

I just found it a bit funny since (being a software developer for 39 years) I was browsing the posts from my phone and see this sweet message.

So naturally I think YEA!  21 century, let’s learn more.  😊

I would think that if they were going to add new features, one of them ought to be “hey, you can now easily reply to a post on your phone in native mobile browser mode”.  😊  The reality was “Hey, we moved the buttons around, happy hunting.  Oh, and sorry phone users, no mobile for you.”  😝

Cheers!

-Jeff

- Replied using email.

This message is posted using the Google App on

my  iPad.

No problem-o.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.

image001.jpg
image004.jpg
image006.jpg