V-berth and aft berth mattress dimensions

Neil McLaughlin

Jun 17, 2021, 7:20:49 AM6/17/21
to Catalina355

Hi Folks,
I had custom sheets made for the v-berth based upon the attached dimensions.  I hope that is helpful for others.355 v-berth.jpg
However, I am hoping someone has the aft berth dimensions handy.   Please send along if you do.  We are trying to determine if a standard queen comforter would be sufficient for the aft berth.
Thanks,
Neil

Jim Schilling

Jun 17, 2021, 12:47:22 PM6/17/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil! We don’t have the dimensions handy but the admiral says it is a standard queen size comforter. Enjoy!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/00c18522-98b7-4e38-bd74-851b7be81986n%40googlegroups.com.
--
Jim Schilling
1978 E. Palisades Rd.

Neil McLaughlin

Jun 17, 2021, 4:13:17 PM6/17/21
to Catalina355
Super.  Thanks Jim.
Neil

Jonathan Salter

Jun 17, 2021, 4:44:06 PM6/17/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
My wife just put a queen on ours too, she says it is queen width, but lengthwise it’s longer. But that doesn’t really make a difference for the comforter

Sent from my iPhone

Neil McLaughlin

Jun 17, 2021, 6:21:41 PM6/17/21
to Catalina355
Thank you!  We have now bought a couple of queen size comforters.  Appreciate the prompt responses!
Neil

ken magida

Jun 20, 2021, 10:36:07 PM6/20/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
After many attempts at custom sheets, the admiral went to a king sized flat sheet held on with plastic clips which grab onto the welt on the mattress - she says that works best and the cost is the least.
Sorry, I cannot give you the dimensions of the aft mattress but we do not have it on the boat since the aft cabin is our garage.

Ken

Ken Magida
23B Norwood Road
Port Washington, New York 11050
Jun 21, 2021, 2:25:39 PM6/21/21
to Catalina355
;-)  Got it.  I did use the new full/queen on the aft berth on the weekend.  It is maybe 12" too wide but works fine.  If I come across a friend with a sewing machine, maybe I will get it modified.

Thanks again,
Neil

Bruce Toothaker

Jun 21, 2021, 3:42:14 PM6/21/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I’ll try the queen on the aft berth. Maybe I can hire a bigger pixie.
Anne

Bruce - Sent from my iPhone

Bruce Toothaker

Jun 24, 2021, 7:01:10 AM6/24/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information about bedding for our 355s.  I use a queen fitted sheet for the V berth and a stretchy cotton double fitted sheet for the aft berth.
Now what I need is a pixie to install the double.

Bruce - Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2021, at 10:36 PM, ken magida <kensa...@outlook.com> wrote:

After many attempts at custom sheets, the admiral went to a king sized flat sheet held on with plastic clips which grab onto the welt on the mattress - she says that works best and the cost is the least.
Sorry, I cannot give you the dimensions of the aft mattress but we do not have it on the boat since the aft cabin is our garage.

Ken

Ken Magida
23B Norwood Road
Port Washington, New York 11050
Jun 24, 2021, 7:01:10 AM6/24/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I’m an owner of a new 355, Avonmore, number 157.
Our dealer, Massey Yachts in Palmetto Florida, provided us with fitted sheets, forward and aft.
He told me that Catalina has the patterns for those sheets. They need to call the Catalina plant in Largo, 727-544-6681 and ask for Lucas in the parts department. Hope this helps.
Bill Broderick

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2021, at 9:36 PM, ken magida <kensa...@outlook.com> wrote:

After many attempts at custom sheets, the admiral went to a king sized flat sheet held on with plastic clips which grab onto the welt on the mattress - she says that works best and the cost is the least.
Sorry, I cannot give you the dimensions of the aft mattress but we do not have it on the boat since the aft cabin is our garage.

Ken

Ken Magida
23B Norwood Road
Port Washington, New York 11050

Mike Maksimchuk

Jul 8, 2022, 2:35:02 PM7/8/22
to Catalina355
Not sure if this is helpful for anyone, but we measured the V-Berth mattress on #94, and I have attached a schematic with the dimensions we came up with; very close to Neils!

Thanks,
Mike
355 V Berth Mattress Dimensions Drawing v2.pdf