Thank you Jon Vez

bill pittore

Sep 14, 2021, 9:45:49 AM9/14/21
to Catalina355
I just read Jeff Hare's post in which he said he bought Jon Vez's 355. I just wanted to thank Jon for all the great advice he's given to me and others on this list. I bought my 355 in Nov. of 2019 and it is my first boat that I've owned so I was (still am) a noob. His posts on batteries and electrical issues as well as his winterization notes were just so helpful. I don't know if Jon will continue sailing but I just wanted to say thanks and wish him fair winds and following seas.

Bill
Navasana #77

Jim Schilling

Sep 14, 2021, 9:57:04 AM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I couldn’t agree more, Bill!! Thanks for being the Guru, Jon!!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/11122ef0-0ca4-4d36-b49f-479eaae70890n%40googlegroups.com.
--
Jim Schilling
1978 E. Palisades Rd.

P.F. Ross

Sep 14, 2021, 11:11:06 AM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I am a lurker on this list as a C320 owner, once considering a move up to a 355.  Still considering, but I need to let my brand new L hip recover first!

And yes, I am sure you guys will miss Jon Vez, as we did on the 320 list after he left us some years ago to join you (even though Jon would continue to chime in on our list from time to time).

The good news is that you now have another 320 graduate, Jeff Hare.  You will find him also to be knowledgeable, creative and eager to share.

Have fun!

Frank Ross
C320 #206 "Beta Wave"
Naples, FL

Jon Vez

Sep 14, 2021, 5:56:32 PM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
First, my apologies for being remiss in not sending this out earlier. We have indeed decided to step away from sailing after 30 years of boat ownership and 45 years as a sailor. We felt it was the right time for us to explore some different adventures-at least for the time being and take advantage of sailing on other peoples boats to scratch that itch.

I want to thank those of you who have reached out to me both privately and on these forums for your kind words and gracious thoughts. I am an unabashed Catalina fan boy and ever since my first good old boat (a C-30) I’ve come to appreciate the community more than anything. I’ve learned so much over those years and as I’ve gained knowledge from others I have tried to return the favor by imparting my experiences to pay it forward.

I do feel lucky that GD introduced the 355 just as we were exploring our ‘retirement’ boat as we were very close to buying a Sabre. As someone who has owned or sailed pretty much every model, I can say that the 355 was the perfect boat for us (as evidenced by those joining this forum looking to buy one 😊).

I am also grateful that we were able to put our beloved Solstice in the hands of our good friends Jeff & Shelley. Jeff and I bonded during our 320 ownership and have scraped many knuckles together. For the past couple of years they have been our slip neighbors and being able to see the boat go to such knowledgeable and great people truly made the decision much easier. As Ross has said, Jeff was a tremendous source of knowledge and wisdom for the 320 community (and Web master) and I know this group will benefit from his contributions just as much.

As those of you that know me, I will always be a boat junkie and will continue to lurk on the forums. If I can be of any help to any of you, don’t hesitate to reach out.

A special thanks to Eddie & Diane Walters. I’m not sure how many here are aware but Diane is responsible for pulling this group together and Eddie and I have had our fair share of conversations with Gerry and Frank to provide feedback on the 355 as early adopters. Thank you all!

Fair Winds,
Sincerely,
Jon Vez

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2021, at 9:45 AM, bill pittore <bill.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just read Jeff Hare's post in which he said he bought Jon Vez's 355. I just wanted to thank Jon for all the great advice he's given to me and others on this list. I bought my 355 in Nov. of 2019 and it is my first boat that I've owned so I was (still am) a noob. His posts on batteries and electrical issues as well as his winterization notes were just so helpful. I don't know if Jon will continue sailing but I just wanted to say thanks and wish him fair winds and following seas.

Bill
Navasana #77

bill pittore

Sep 14, 2021, 7:28:19 PM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,
 BTW, I got an email from Jason at Boston Harbor Marina stating that they had room for my boat for winter storage! I sent in the deposit right away. Now I’ll be only about 30 minutes from the boat vs. 2+ hours. If Jeff keeps Solstice there I’ll be looking forward to seeing her in the yard and meeting Jeff as well. Best of luck in any new adventures and maybe we’ll cross paths at the boat yard some time.

Bill

Jim Schilling

Sep 14, 2021, 7:42:28 PM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Jon! Those of us without your vast experience and knowledge appreciate what you have shared with us!! Best of luck to you going forward!

All the best,
Jim

Zach Smith

Sep 14, 2021, 7:48:50 PM9/14/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Cheers Jon. This group has been a great resource for all of us. Whatever the next adventure is, hope its a fun one!

Jon Vez

Sep 15, 2021, 2:09:16 PM9/15/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
That’s great Bill. I’m only 10 minutes from the marina so when you come down to visit your boat over the winter, send me a note and if I’m around would be happy to stop by and say Hi. Also if you need recommendations for any kind of work you may want let me know and I can give you a few names.
Jeff keeps his boat in Newburyport over the winter…
Cheers,
Jon

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2021, at 7:28 PM, bill pittore <bill.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jon,

Bruce Toothaker

Sep 15, 2021, 2:37:38 PM9/15/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Jon,
Thanks for all the great contributions you have made in this forum. Hope we’ll still hear from you.
Best wishes.
Bruce Toothaker - Dirigo -355 # 97

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2021, at 2:09 PM, Jon Vez <jon...@comcast.net> wrote:

That’s great Bill. I’m only 10 minutes from the marina so when you come down to visit your boat over the winter, send me a note and if I’m around would be happy to stop by and say Hi. Also if you need recommendations for any kind of work you may want let me know and I can give you a few names.

bill pittore

Sep 15, 2021, 9:25:45 PM9/15/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
I’ll definitely drop you a line after I’m hauled out. It would be great to meet in person.

Bill

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/3958DE97-31D5-49B1-B7AD-4202B4B866EB%40comcast.net.

Bob Story

Sep 17, 2021, 7:30:35 PM9/17/21
to Catalina355
Jon - many, many thanks for all your excellent help to the group and to me personally. All the best!

-Bob.

Jon Vez

Sep 18, 2021, 8:49:12 AM9/18/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Bob. I’ve also truly appreciated you sharing your adventures as you have clearly made the most of her!
All the Best…
Jon

Sent from my iPad