Outdoor Music?

Jeffrey Hare

Feb 28, 2022, 5:13:48 PM2/28/22
to Catalina355
What do people use for speakers mounted to their stern rail seats in the cockpit other than the ocean equipment speaker pods?  What options do the new boats offer for this?
I know alot of people including ourselves have numerous portable bluetooth speakers, but looking for something that's more perm.

We had the Ocean Equipment SpeakerPod SP100's  mounted under our stern rail seats on our C320 forever and were nice. When the speakers themselves wore out, we just got new ones from PolyPlanar and popped them in.  I think I paid ~$200 for those Pods including the speakers.   That model of pod is long since discontinued.  I think it was a collaboration between Catalina and Ocean Equipment back then.  They were nice because all the connections were inside the pod and protected from the weather (and the replacement speakers are still available today)
2022-02-28_1635.png

Ocean Equipment now sells the SP200NS version of pod for the Bose 151SE environmental speakers for like $480 a pair without speakers.  The speakers (if you can actually still find them since they are discontinued) are crazy expensive at over $350 a pair . Bose replaced these with the 251SE which are not the same size and don't fit the pods.  I'd have to win the lottery and have a lobotomy to want to buy those now.  LOL!

2022-02-28_1710.png
-Jeff Hare