hi folks, it sure looks like the website at http://www.castleproject.org/projects/dynamicproxy/ has been hacked.

Kenneth Ambrose

Aug 13, 2014, 6:00:33 PM8/13/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
thought you'd want to know...

ken

hammett

Aug 13, 2014, 6:58:37 PM8/13/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Yep, we're aware. Working on fixing it.
The issue is to find a permanent fix since we've had this problem
before, and didnt take too long to happen again.
Is that a php issue, wordpress issue, windows issue? Maybe all of them.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Kenneth Ambrose <kjam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thought you'd want to know...
>
> ken
>
> --

Cheers,
hammett
http://www.d-collab.com/
http://www.hammettblog.com/

Jonathon Rossi

Aug 13, 2014, 9:56:25 PM8/13/14
to Castle Project Development
Hammett what is the permanent fix you are working on?

I was briefly talking with Krzysztof about moving the web site and docs wiki to GitHub Pages and GitHub Wiki respectively because I wanted to edit something in the WordPress theme but couldn't. The Mono guys have just announced their new web site hosted on GitHub Pages, and it looks like it'll make contributions much better for them.

If it isn't clear, I'm proposing to do most of the work to migrate.
Jono

hammett

Aug 13, 2014, 10:04:11 PM8/13/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
+1
Will it be able to use our domain name?

Krzysztof Kozmic

Aug 13, 2014, 10:06:20 PM8/13/14
to hammett, castle-pro...@googlegroups.com

Henry Conceição

Aug 13, 2014, 10:11:16 PM8/13/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com, hammett
+1

Cheers,
Henry Conceição

Jonathon Rossi

Aug 13, 2014, 10:28:56 PM8/13/14
to Castle Project Development
As Krzysztof linked, yes you can.

I've been running a few custom domains on github pages for quite a while now, some with public others with private source.

GitHub pages now includes some Jekyll plugins (like redirect-from) on their platform now so I wouldn't bother with something like Octopress like I've got on jonorossi.com. GH pages allows you to edit the web site on GitHub.com if you want to make a few small changes or a new post.

I was thinking the documentation should go into the wiki on each repository. I've really liked how the Nancy guys have put theirs together with the contents page and the links at the bottom of each page so you can read it a bit like a short book.

Jonathon Rossi

Aug 13, 2014, 10:30:22 PM8/13/14
to Castle Project Development
Oops, forgot to paste the link to the Nancy wiki:
--
Jono

hammett

Aug 14, 2014, 11:15:53 AM8/14/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Let me know when I need to add that cname entry to our domain.

Jonathon Rossi

Aug 18, 2014, 2:46:19 AM8/18/14
to Castle Project Development
Will do Hammett.

I was planning to just migrate the site with the current theme for now into Jekyll, and we can look at a new theme later if needs be. Since you got that site commissioned, are you okay with that plan?

hammett

Aug 18, 2014, 10:45:50 AM8/18/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
That was way back into 2011 right? I'm fine leaving the theme behind
in the same of a better and sustainable solution.