Potential bug in using the IInterceptorSelector interface.

Justin Madill

Sep 25, 2013, 3:47:31 PM9/25/13
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I have a project that implements the IInterceptorSelectorInterface, the implementation relies on being able to compare the Type parameter with the MethodInfo.DeclaringType.

In version 3.2.1 and 3.2.0 the Type variable comes in as System.RuntimeType every time, once I reverted back to version 3.1.0 everything was ok.

Without looking at the source It looks like GetType() is being called on the Type object rather than using the Type object directly.

Krzysztof Kozmic

Sep 25, 2013, 5:13:11 PM9/25/13
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
hey Justin,

Thanks for that.

Do you think you could reproduce this in a test, just to make sure we understand your scenario?
Also, feel free to submit this bug to http://issues.castleproject.org/youtrack/dashboard to make sure we don't lose it.

cheers

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

Justin Madill

Sep 10, 2014, 4:12:34 PM9/10/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krzysztof,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this I was pulled onto other projects and this ended up falling to the wayside until now, and for whatever reason I wasn't notified of your reply.

I can certainly reproduce this in a test, and in fact if you have a look at this SO question, I've included the test I am using: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19011818/using-castle-windsor-to-register-an-interceptor-for-only-the-derived-class-not

Regards,
Justin