Castle.Core 5.0.0 Issues

Tim PepperWTW

May 17, 2022, 5:53:49 AM5/17/22
to Castle Project Development List
We have tried to upgrade a couple of our applications to Castle.Core 5.0.0 but now, when we run our Container Manager code we get an error on the following statetement:
Container = new WindsorContainer();

The error reads as follows:
$exception    {"Could not load type 'Castle.Core.Internal.PermissionUtil' from assembly 'Castle.Core, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=407dd0808d44fbdc'.":"Castle.Core.Internal.PermissionUtil"}    System.TypeLoadException

Can anyone provide a solution to this issue please?

Jonathon Rossi

May 17, 2022, 5:59:49 AM5/17/22
to Castle Project Development
No version of Castle Windsor supports Castle Core 5.0.0.

Blame NuGet, it thinks a new major version of Castle Core is compatible, but adding them into a new project will opt for the lower version, Castle Core 4.4.1.

See:

Jono

Jonathon Rossi

May 17, 2022, 7:43:49 AM5/17/22
to tim.pe...@gmail.com, Castle Project Development
Tim,

I've just published Windsor v5.1.2. Upgrade to this patch version and NuGet should stop prompting to upgrade to Castle.Core 5.0.0.
--
Jono