Re: NHibernate Integration and Automatic Transaction Management Facilities

Jonathon Rossi

Aug 6, 2018, 11:37:07 AM8/6/18
to Castle Project Development
No need to be sorry, the development list is actually the right place, "development of Castle" vs "development with Castle" although the mailing lists have no activity in recent years.

As you linked to, the NHibernate integration facility is deprecated because no one wants to maintain it, that doesn't mean you couldn't take a copy of the code and maintain it yourself, I'm not aware of any maintained Windsor facility for NHibernate.

There has been a recent effort to resurrect the automatic transaction management facility (https://github.com/castleproject/Castle.Transactions/pull/8) which appears to have stalled, feel free to jump in if you want to help out there.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:02 AM 'Jordan M' via Castle Project Development List <castle-pro...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
ps - really really sorry I meant to post this to the user list!

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 3:01:49 PM UTC+1, Jordan M wrote:
Hello all,

What is the latest state of the NHibernate Integration and Automatic Transaction Management Facilities?

They are both still listed on the official site ( https://github.com/castleproject/Windsor/blob/master/docs/facilities.md ) but I've seen a few posts saying they were never updated to work with the latest container, and also this https://github.com/castleproject/Windsor/issues/205

If they don't work anymore, does anyone know of any reliable 3rd party versions that do?

many thanks,
Jordan.

Jono