GitHub "teams" and permissions

Jonathon Rossi

Sep 18, 2014, 11:57:13 PM9/18/14
to Castle Project Development
Hey guys,

We used to have 11 teams on our GitHub @castleproject organisation containing 17 people with all sorts of access to different repositories:
* Owners
* Committers
* bot (just granted read to 0 repositories)
* ActiveRecord
* Binder
* MonoRail
* NHibernate Integration Facility
* TemplateEngine
* Transactions
* WCF Facility
* Windsor

I've simplified it all leaving the following teams:
* Owners = PMC (this is a GitHub built-in admin team, all permissions)
* Committers = Committers (I've made this write access to all non-READONLY repos)

I also audited the members of the Owners and Committers teams to ensure we are all good. There was nothing out of place, just the following people missing from the GitHub teams from our official lists. We haven't seen these guys around for quite some time, but if you are on the list and want access added just let someone in the Owners team know:
* Owners - Kevin Williams, Gilles Bayon, Chad Humphries, Josh Robb
* Committers - Kevin Williams, Gilles Bayon, Andrew Hallock, Jason Nelson, Dru Sellers, John Morales, CobraLord, Dan, Tatham Oddie, Fabio David Batista, Chad Humphries, Ahmed Ghandour, Josh Robb, Ernst Naezer, Marc-Andre Cournoyer, Dave Godfrey, Lee Henson, Chris Ortman

@kenegozi you should now be good to commit directly to the castleproject.github.io repository.

--
Jono

Ken Egozi

Sep 19, 2014, 11:04:33 AM9/19/14
to Jonathon Rossi, Castle Project Development
Simple is better.
I promise to get nicer favicons :)

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sep 19, 2014, 11:09:42 AM9/19/14
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Whoa, thanks a lot for this effort, Jonathon!

Btw, I should be somewhat close to you and Krzysztof soon. We should
get a beer! On my dime ;-)
> --

Cheers,
hammett
http://www.d-collab.com/
http://www.hammettblog.com/

Jonathon Rossi

Sep 19, 2014, 11:19:49 AM9/19/14
to Castle Project Development
Nice, Krzysztof has just moved to Melbourne from beautiful Brisbane so we're not in the same city anymore. Where are you visiting?
Jono