Good Friday Afternoon,
My name is Shannon and I work for Corvesta Inc. My company is in the process of embarking on a very large project which will entail the replacement of current PL/SQL code with a more robust DoI Framework. The Frameworks team has gone through the initial due diligence and have narrowed down our selection to two products. Castle Windsor and Autofac.
So we are now on a fact finding mission. Since both of these products are open source, and depend upon the community as a whole to determine the direction of the product, it has been difficult to find more information or a source in which I can get some pretty straight forward questions answered. If this is not the correct place to be with this post, please point me in the correct direction.
So I am writing today to see if I can flush out some information so we can more thoroughly rate these products appropriately. If you could kindly take a few moments to answer some of the questions below, your efforts will be greatly appreciated. If you do not have answers, if you could be honest and just put that, I would greatly appreciate that as well. Regardless, any information will be helpful in our decision making process to determine which product is going to better suit our needs as we move forward.
1. Do you have an externally facing road map? We are trying to assess what will work in our environment better.
2. Do you have a standard release schedule? Both for minor releases and major releases?
a. How well planned out are releases?
b. How often do you plan releases? Both major and minor.
c. What is the estimated time from planning stage to release?
3. Do you see your software being familiar in the next 5-10 years as it matures?
a. Will we be able to bring on subject matter experts or do you see the product leaving the evolutionary track for a much broader base?
4. Where do you see the software enhancement heading in the future?
a. What do you think you will be doing in 5-6 years?
5. Let’s say our company plans on changing technology within the 5-6 year time frame. Do you still see yourself in this business?
6. Who else uses your product?
7. Do you offer paid support, enterprise/commercial support or is it just forum based public support?
Thank you again for any time you are able to spare for this.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Castle Project Development List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to castle-project-d...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/castle-project-devel.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.