What is the stable environment for simulation of multi-camera WVSN?

Firdous Shamim

Aug 3, 2023, 1:35:44 PM8/3/23
to Castalia Simulator
Hi Everyone,

I am a final year MTech student working with WVSN for my thesis work. For the past few months, I am trying to setup the environment:
  1. Omnet++ V4.2
  2. Castalia V2
  3. WVSN V4
Issues faced in setting up the simulation environment:
  1. The source repository of Castalia 3.2 (https://forge.nicta.com.au/frs/?group_id=301) is no longer available on the internet, so I proceeded with Castalia 3.3. (git repo Castalia)
  2. install.bash (WVSN V-4 installation manual) file automates the installation of WVSN Version 4. During the installation process, there was an “architecture compatibility” error which I was unable to resolve. So I moved on to manual installation.
  3. In the manual installation, the “make” file was throwing an error. The core scripts were running on an obsolete library.    On upgrading the library headers in the code to the latest version, the core scripts collapsed. As there were functions and syntax that needed were still coded in the old format. So the only solution was to migrate the entire code base to the latest version  manually.
Can someone please help me with this or recommend me a stable simulation environment?

Thanassis Boulis

Aug 4, 2023, 1:12:44 AM8/4/23
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a  WVSN V4  installation problem and not a Castalia problem.

Note that you can download older versions of Castalia from Github if this helps with WVSN V4

Firdous Shamim

Aug 4, 2023, 1:04:44 PM8/4/23
to Castalia Simulator
Thanks for the prompt reply, I do understand that the problem I am facing is due to WVSN-V4. Actually, I was trying to find out if anyone has worked with WVSN-v4 or any alternative to that.