Trasition Region

vaishali Jadhav

Jun 13, 2023, 5:56:03 AM6/13/23
to Castalia Simulator
Hello Everyone,
I have simulated a scenario  to Calculate packet reception ratio with default setting of wireless channel path loss model. But it is showing  transitional   region very small as compare to connected region and also in transitional region prr is above 90 for few nodes. can anyone pls guide me is there any need of setting of particular parameter.

means I am not getting proper readings with path loss model(two ray ground propagation model)

Thanassis Boulis

Jun 19, 2023, 6:56:16 PM6/19/23
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
Better post your questions on StackOverflow (with appropriate tags and keywords)
PRR depends on the protocol layers you use. If you want to see a transition period, you need to have no MAC or Routing protocols in place.

Also note that the default path loss model is not a two ray ground propagation model