BaselineBANMAC

muthulakshmi anavarathan

May 28, 2014, 2:05:34 PM5/28/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can anybody help me out in understanding the BaselineBANMAC.cc file .

thanks

alex

May 29, 2014, 9:49:45 AM5/29/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
You will need to read up the IEEE 802.15.6 standard first

muthulakshmi anavarathan

May 31, 2014, 11:28:03 AM5/31/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
Sir
thank you for your prompt reply.
i am trying to figureout a new mac protocol based on ieee 802.15.6.
i need to change the frame format.
where should i change ?

thanks

Rui Pan

May 31, 2014, 11:33:44 AM5/31/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com

Take a look at *Packet.msg file. Modify the frame contents in that file, and use opp_msgc to generate its corresponding .h and .cc file.

MUTHULAKSHMI ANAVARATHAN

Jun 11, 2014, 10:34:51 AM6/11/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
Sir
Thank you

Can you tell me exactly which file need to be changed ,to change the superframe structure.
it would be a great help if you could do so

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:35:34 PM UTC+5:30, muthulakshmi anavarathan wrote:
Hi

Can anybody help me out in understanding the BaselineBANMAC.cc file .

thanks

Rui Pan

Jun 11, 2014, 10:36:03 AM6/11/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com

Like i said .msg file

Rui Pan

Jun 12, 2014, 9:55:36 AM6/12/14
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the misleading info. The superframe needs to be changed in the baselinemac.cpp and baselinemac.h. to do that , u need to understand the baselinemac first. Good luck.

marwen amiri

Mar 15, 2021, 5:52:01 PM3/15/21
to Castalia Simulator

Hello Mr Alex,

Hello Dr. Boulis

I'm a phD student, i'm beginner with castalia, i work on WBAN netwroks. i want to change the format of the superframe of IEEE 802.15.6 to enhance the performances of the WBAN network.

After having studied the BaselineBANMac.ned file and the respective code to simulate BaselineMac under castalia, I wasn't able to find any reference to the EAP1, MAP, EAP2, RAP2, CAP phases, which are the access phases of the Beacon mode with beacon periods (page 88 of the IEEE Std 802.15.6). I could only find RAP1 (RAP1Length).

Do you have any idea of How to implement these phases and add them in baslineBanMac code ? Can you suggest to me a document or a source i can use it to implement correctly baslineBanMac and specially this part ?

Best regards

Wan H4

Jun 1, 2023, 12:27:33 AM6/1/23
to Castalia Simulator
Hello everyone,

Which file needs to be modified to implement full structure of BaselineBanMac?I want to change the superframe structure of 802.15.6.