BAN simulation_Multiple BAN scenario

marwen amiri

Aug 7, 2022, 11:06:27 AM8/7/22
to Castalia Simulator

Hello researchers,

After a simulation of a BAN network composed of one sink and 9 nodes with castalia 3.3, now my goal is to determine if all nodes are covered or not since each time I increase the distance between the sink and the nodes and the transmission power and I measure the performance (PLR, latency), at some point, we can exceed the SAR (Specific absorption rate : Power > 0dBm), in this case we need to add another sink in the BAN network because the distance between the first sink and the nodes is too long.

My question: would it be possible to add another sink with the old sink in the BAN network, to cover all the nodes and to avoid the exceeding of the SAR ? I see that in many works , authors used two BAN, so two sinks, but how to add two BAN, and how to say that some nodes belong to the first BAN and the others belong to the second BAN. i want to know too, Node 0 is always the sink ? please do you have a configuration file example for two BAN scenario ?

Please tell me if this scenario in omnetini file is accepted or no :

BAN 1 : node 0, node1, node2, ..., node 10

BAN 2 : node 0, node11, node12, ..., node 20

Thanks in advance