How to generate different traffic models in Castalia?

saurav dahal

Aug 12, 2015, 9:13:49 PM8/12/15
to Castalia Simulator
I want to generate different types of traffics such as emergency traffic, periodic medical traffic and CE traffics such as audio, video in Castalia. Can anybody please help me to do this?

Thanks,

Thanassis Boulis

Aug 15, 2015, 9:11:45 PM8/15/15
to Castalia Simulator
This is traffic generated at the application level. So you need to implement an application module that creates the traffic you want.

On 13 August 2015 at 11:13, saurav dahal <dahal....@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to generate different types of traffics such as emergency traffic, periodic medical traffic and CE traffics such as audio, video in Castalia. Can anybody please help me to do this?

Thanks,

saurav dahal

Aug 15, 2015, 9:39:31 PM8/15/15
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Thanassis Boulis,

Thank you for your reply.

can you please tell me how to implement an application module to generate different kind of traffics?

Thanks,

> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Castalia Simulator" group.

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/castalia-simulator/CAJo2o%2BmD4DRHfRjWz%3D6-a-Z-dsNVdtPp51nSorRrDJZnv%2Byx5g%40mail.gmail.com.

Thanassis Boulis

Aug 15, 2015, 9:59:10 PM8/15/15
to Castalia Simulator

Please read the relevant chapters in the manual.

saurav dahal

Aug 15, 2015, 11:08:26 PM8/15/15
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com

is it, the relevant chapter is chapter number 5 in castalia- user manual?

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/castalia-simulator/CAJo2o%2BkhQQCnRyYo7E%2Bec29HUji81HZKawU5uU616oJvpYUJ4Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Wan H4

Aug 18, 2023, 12:02:55 AM8/18/23
to Castalia Simulator
Hi Dr  Boulis,

which chapter in the manual describes the traffic generator in the Application module?
I want to create different traffic types using baseline MAC which consists of highest, medium & lowest priority.

Thanassis Boulis

Aug 18, 2023, 3:47:49 AM8/18/23
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
You can read Chapter 5 to learn how to set up your own application module. This is the best module to create various types of traffic.
MAC or routing are not involved in the creation of traffic, this happens solely at the app module. But they are involved in handling it. So if you want to define traffic of different priorities, your MAC and/or your routing should support these priorities somehow.

Wan H4

Aug 20, 2023, 8:45:52 PM8/20/23
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
Is it time-consuming to build our own application module? and is there any method in Castalia to differentiate the traffic?