WBAN improvemet : how to implement and understand the C++ content of BaslineBANmac module and radio module to improve a wban NETWORK ?

marwen amiri

Mar 2, 2021, 5:32:34 AM3/2/21
to Castalia Simulator

Hello researchers, Hello Castalia 3.2 simulator users

Hello Dr. Boulis

I’m a phD student I am a beginner with Castalia 3.2, I work on optimization of RFID systems used in wireless body networks (WBAN). I simulated a WBAN with 10 nodes and one coordinator under Castalia 3.2 using the standard modules of Castalia , just i have defined the necessary parameters (omnetpp.ini) like the example BANtest in Castalia.

Now, i want to know how to improve and make a new implementation of the “BaselineBANMAC module (BAN protocol)” and the radio module to find good results for latency, consumed energy and Throughput (Received Packet).

My goal is to know how to implement the BaselineBANmac protocol and to have a source to understand the content of « BaslineMAC module » and « radio module » to make modifications on C++ code of the protocole which is under the MAC module (knowing that Castalia manuel does not contain explanation of C++ code of the file BaseLineBANmac.cc and baseline BANmac.h and the other files).

I will be very grateful if you can help me by a source that I can use to start modification and implementation especially to understand the content of the « Baseline BANmac » written on C++ and to start the improvement and implementation.

Best Regards

Wan H4

Dec 1, 2022, 11:34:26 PM12/1/22
to Castalia Simulator
Sir, did you able to solve this?
I have the same question and wanted to know the solutions

anshul kumar

Dec 2, 2022, 3:12:05 AM12/2/22
to castalia-...@googlegroups.com
BNS Framework is the way.
Here is link to repository.   https://github.com/midiacom/BNS-Framework .
Me too working on it but it gives error while installing it. Please let me know too if it solves the problem and if you are able to import it into omnet++ or not.