Google Cast SDK preview available - February 1, 2021

cast-sdk-announcements

Feb 1, 2021, 8:03:55 PM2/1/21
to cast-sdk-announcements

Due to major updates in the next release, we're providing a preview of the next Cast Web Receiver SDK to allow developers to test their apps in advance of the production release.

Fixes will include:

  • Upgrade to Shaka player v3.0.7 (which in turn fixes a number of previously reported issues)

  • A change to the default value of stream transfer for audio (from true to false)

  • A fix to display cast button on Smart Displays when stream transfer is enabled for video

  • A fix to an ad break regression introduced in the previous release

Developers can test the new Web Receiver SDK prior to release using the preview URL at https://www.gstatic.com/cast/sdk/libs/caf_receiver/preview/cast_receiver_framework.js. This preview period will last 3-5 weeks and this preview URL will be removed once this version is released to production. For those using Shaka player, we suggest you test streaming content for an extended period of time.
This conversation is locked