IE9 doesn't apply bundled css

msg

Oct 23, 2013, 3:43:39 PM10/23/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com
I am having an issue only with IE9 (IE8/IE10/Chrome/FireFox/Safari work fine) where styles aren't applied when Cassette is running in production mode (debug="false").  I have googled around for hours and it seems there were some issues where the content type served up by an httpHandler wasn't properly getting set to "text/css", but I can verify that this is not my problem.  When I view the request in the IE console, it returns Result = 200, Type = text/css.  I have viewed the response and the css appears intact, including properly compiled .LESS.  I am using the latest Cassette v2.3.

Does anyone have any ideas?

msg

Oct 24, 2013, 1:45:38 PM10/24/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com
I figured this out last night.  Maybe this will help someone else.

The issue was caused by the size of the bundle.  IE9 will only use around 250K (+/- 30K, in my testing it was around 228K, a blog post I found said 288K) even though the response from the bundle request contained all of the css.  IE9 does not log a message to the console saying that it was truncating the css.  I broke my bundle into three, problem fixed.

msg

Oct 24, 2013, 1:52:16 PM10/24/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com

wendee fiorillo

Apr 21, 2014, 4:18:38 PM4/21/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any solution or workaround  for working in debug mode when you have more than 31 @import files? I am running into a case were it is not maintainable to limit ourselves to only 31 files.

Thanks,
Wendee

Daniel Zheng

Dec 22, 2014, 10:45:08 AM12/22/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks. broke out my css files into smaller bundles of around 220KB and it renders correctly in IE9 now.

nanang sujarwadi

May 5, 2016, 5:34:48 PM5/5/16
to Cassette
how bundling css because css development google my blog too big ?