Any way to clear the Cassette cache?

Thomas Schmidt

Apr 4, 2012, 4:52:14 AM4/4/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is there any way to clear the cassette cache programatically?

The reason for this is that we are using it together with a cms system that injects some license html code into all http requests if the cms systems license is invalid for some reason and this messes up all scripts and css files. We have fixed the license issues but we simply cannot seem to clear the cassette cache, we tried remove everything from isolated storage and tried looking for files elsewhere but nothing worked.

I have read somewhere that changing the assembly version numbers would clear the cache, but that is not possible for us, it must always be 1.0.0.0

Is there a way to switch from isolated storage to lets normal file storage for caching, for example in ~/App_data/casssette or something ?

Andrew Davey

Apr 4, 2012, 6:58:57 AM4/4/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Trying going to /_cassette and clicking the Rebuild cache button.

/_cassette only works for localhost, so you'll need to be on the web server to use it.
Or set:
<cassette allowRemoteDiagnostics ="true" /> in web.config (  http://getcassette.net/documentation/configuration  )

Will Holley

May 2, 2012, 7:36:35 AM5/2/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
+1 for a programmatic way to rebuild the cache. We have a some dynamically generated script included in a bundle which changes according to the product configuration. When we change it we would like to clear the bundle cache automatically (this is for product demos rather than something we would do to real users).

Andrew Davey

May 2, 2012, 12:23:07 PM5/2/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Cassette v2 is will have improved support for dynamically generated assets. This will include the ability for a custom IAsset implementation to provide an IAssetCacheValidator. So for non-file-based assets, like assembly resources, runtime generated, etc, you can control when Cassette uses the cache vs rebuilding.

Programmatically triggering bundle rebuild should be possible in Cassette v2 if I expose the right interfaces...

Will Holley

May 2, 2012, 12:30:16 PM5/2/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic - really looking forward to v2!

Andrew Davey

May 2, 2012, 12:38:36 PM5/2/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Me too! I keep finding something else to improve, but not more hours in the day ;)

Chris Marisic

May 4, 2012, 10:36:41 AM5/4/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:23:07 PM UTC-4, Andrew Davey wrote:
Programmatically triggering bundle rebuild should be possible in Cassette v2 if I expose the right interfaces...

You can never go wrong exposing that.

Ted Heatherington

Jul 3, 2015, 5:16:39 PM7/3/15
to cass...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me; I can't get to "~/_cassette" because there seems to be no route or something.  I can't find the isolated storage file to just delete it, and I can't seem to get anything into !/App_Data, either.  I had a system crash this morning, and I've been hours trying to get Cassette to simply reload the same jQuery I've been using for a year or so.

Getting pretty frustrated and this seems to be the only relevant reference to "clear the cached data."

Thanks for any help,   Ted

On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 01:52:14 UTC-7, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

is there any way to clear the cassette cache programatically?

<snip>