cassette.axd throwing an internal server error

Jay Van Der Zant

Sep 6, 2013, 9:11:55 AM9/6/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com
My GetCassette solution has worked for a long time and after a recent publish of the web-app to a production server I'm now getting an exception for the following resource:
/cassette.axd/script/ac2a329ed54aa40750b4cd63b5a3fe0819eb6ba1/static/js/global

There's an event log entry:

    Stack trace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
   at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
   at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.OpenFile(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Cassette.IO.IsolatedStorageFile.Open(FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare fileShare)
   at Cassette.Aspnet.BundleRequestHandler`1.SendBundle(Bundle bundle, String actualETag)
   at Cassette.Aspnet.BundleRequestHandler`1.ProcessRequest(String path)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Nothing has changed around GetCassette or the file system. I've checked permissions on the source folders, going as far as giving everyone full permissions. I've tried deleting vast swathes of the deployed app but no change.

This is working in my development environment, so only applies to the deployed production.

Has anyone seen anything like this? What can I try?

Jay

Jay Van Der Zant

Sep 6, 2013, 9:15:06 AM9/6/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to add, I've tried restarting IIS, the whole server and have just deleted all the deployed site and done a re-deploy, no change.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Jay Van Der Zant

Sep 6, 2013, 9:41:01 AM9/6/13
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Well after yet another deploy it now works. I'd be happier if I knew what the problem was, but I'm just happy it's working.

Jay

Tom Delarue

Nov 21, 2014, 10:42:59 AM11/21/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
I had more or less the same issue:

Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Message: Could not find file 'script/js/shared/1725e2198ad68d6ddb16456639599ae403f4b04e.js'.

Source: mscorlib

[...]

I fixed it by cleaning out: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IsolatedStorage\

After that i needed to recycle the application pools and Cassette went back to work.