Cassette brings site down everytime time we publish.

Ian Newman

Apr 2, 2014, 4:36:24 AM4/2/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
We are having an issue with Cassette on all our sites when we publish to our production sever.

The server Is live and has people 100's of users online, when we publish we get an error 500 and notification of files locking.
We have a lot of javascript and CSS files on the sites so the publish routine takes a few seconds. To resolve the problem we have to keep publishing until the problem resolves so we assume it is a clash between IIS requesting files and cassette compiling the files?

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution?

Jason Warner

Apr 2, 2014, 3:42:50 PM4/2/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried using the MSBuild task to pre-compile your packages and
deploying the compiled packages?

Alexander Senchenko

Dec 26, 2014, 4:05:56 PM12/26/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

I have the same problem right after my project was migrated to MVC5  Just wondering if you have resolved it?

Thanks,
Alex

Jim Geurts

Dec 29, 2014, 9:58:13 AM12/29/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
When we experienced this issue, incorporating the msbuild task to pre-process the bundle cache fixed the file locking errors for us.

Hope that helps,

Jim