500.22 error after installing Cassette

Timbo Bertenshaw

Oct 14, 2014, 1:36:53 AM10/14/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
We want to start using Cassette in two products, which currently use ASP.Net bundling. One product is webforms and the other MVC. After adding the nuget package we get the following error (both use integrated pipeline)

> 500.22 - Internal Server Error (An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.)

I've replicated this by creating a new ASP.NET MVC v4 application and added the Cassette.aspnet nuget package.

I'm using Integrated mode so does this mean Cassette doesn't support integrated?

This article says to use

    <cassette rewriteHtml="false" />

Does that mean that I cannot use this feature in an integrated mode application?

Alternatively i could try

     <system.webServer>
         <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
     </system.webServer>
 as in the following article

We just want to understand why this is occurring and if it has any implications for what features of cassette we can use?

Mircea Chirea

Oct 14, 2014, 3:31:53 AM10/14/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
In Web.config, under the <system.web> section, remove <httpHandlers> and <httpModules>.
They are no longer used on IIS 7+ in integrated mode; that is what the error is about.

Timbo Bertenshaw

Oct 14, 2014, 5:58:25 AM10/14/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Mircea, should i raise a github issue to suggest this is not added to the webconfig then?

Mircea Chirea

Oct 14, 2014, 6:23:40 AM10/14/14
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, yes. If one still uses classic mode IIS they can add the handlers & modules manually.