Error on EmbeddedCassandaServerHelper.getSession() - fails to start

Raj A

Jul 29, 2020, 11:00:29 AM7/29/20
to cassandra-unit-users
Hi,

I am trying to use cassandra-unit for the first time.  Using v4.3.1.0.  I am using intellij, on Java 8 with Junit 5.

When I start the cassandra instance using the EmbeddedCassandraServerHelper - I see two problems.

First, I see an error in the logs "no sigar-amd64-winnt.dll in java.library.path", but the process still continues.  It does not stop here.
Second, after some time I keep getting an error "FSWriteError: java.io.Exception: unable to open hint directory "<path to hints director>"  and then it stops.

I tried different things but nothing seem to work.  I am not sure if the first issue is causing the second one - but any help with resolving this would of great help.

On a side note, the application is currently trying to use Datastax java driver v4.6.  I am not sure if that impacts running cassandra-unit, but just FYI.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Raj.

Nate McCall

Jul 29, 2020, 10:21:37 PM7/29/20
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
This is a windows compatibility issue that was *just* fixed:

There is an active thread on the Cassandra dev ML as well:

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "cassandra-unit-users".

Raj A

Aug 3, 2020, 1:52:34 PM8/3/20
to cassandra-unit-users
Thanks a lot Nate for your response.  I am new to all this, so sorry for any obvious questions.  If it is fixed, what version of cassandra-unit I need to get so I can test with it?  I see v4.3.1.0, which I am currently using - but no updated version later.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Raj.

Nate McCall

Aug 3, 2020, 3:36:44 PM8/3/20
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
The patch in question has yet to be committed, let alone released. I think the takeaway from the mail thread is that we are leaning towards not supporting Windows directly anymore in lieu of WSL2. I recommend going this route as this will probably not be the last Windows-specific issue you encounter.

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "cassandra-unit-users".
Message has been deleted