CasperJS and iframes/Testing Facebook Apps

Lyubomir Petrov

Apr 2, 2012, 1:57:21 AM4/2/12
to casp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering, how does CasperJS handle testing pages that contain massive collection of iframes?
The example scenario is to use CasperJS for testing Facebook Apps/Page Tabs.
Anyone having experience w/ CasperJS and testing FB Apps?

Best Regards,
Lyubomir

Nicolas Perriault

Apr 2, 2012, 3:08:31 AM4/2/12
to casp...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 07:57, Lyubomir Petrov <liubomi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering, how does CasperJS handle testing pages that contain
> massive collection of iframes?

As a matter of fact you'll have to use the new --web-security=no
feature provided by phantomjs 1.5 in order to be able to access those
iframes and their contents.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Perriault
https://nicolas.perriault.net/http://www.akei.com/

Lyubomir Petrov

Apr 2, 2012, 3:41:39 AM4/2/12
to CasperJS
That sounds ok, but what about accessing/listening for events in the
iframe?
At this time, I'd used phantomjs, but with a lot of contentWindow/
contentDocument hacking and monkey patching - it's big mess.

Lyubo

On Apr 2, 10:08 am, Nicolas Perriault <nperria...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 07:57, Lyubomir Petrov <liubomir.pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was just wondering, how does CasperJS handle testing pages that contain
> > massive collection of iframes?
>
> As a matter of fact you'll have to use the new --web-security=no
> feature provided by phantomjs 1.5 in order to be able to access those
> iframes and their contents.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Nicolas Perriaulthttps://nicolas.perriault.net/http://www.akei.com/

Meglio

Apr 18, 2012, 4:37:06 AM4/18/12
to casp...@googlegroups.com
The same problem.
I would like to know if this can be handled easier with casperjs.